Hi guys,

With some European Apache foxes, we had a couple of meetings to
propose a plan about ApacheCon Europe 24 (ACEU24).

We discussed the format, and we think ACEU in February 2024, in
Brussels, the week before or after FOSDEM.
We think it's a good option because:
- February is pretty quiet in terms of conferences
- Brussels is pretty easy to reach from everywhere (especially in Europe)
- Brussels is not so expensive in February
- Before or after FOSDEM will "feed" us with developers

The format would be 2 or 3 days depending on the organization team we
will have (to handle different tracks/talks, etc).

We now have to "recruit" a team, including a couple of relays in Brussels, to:
1. List possible venues with budget (the budget should include venue
with exhibition space, food&drink, and eventually one offsite event
for committers, why not beer tasting on Grand Place ;))
2. Find sponsors
3. Prepare CFP/tracks

We have #aceu24 channel on The-ASF slack and I would like to create a
mailing list to start the concrete preparation.

If you want to help, please let us know and join the #aceu24 !

Thanks !
Regards
JB