+1 to making this change. It would immediately make our mailing lists
more consumable and welcoming to actual humans.

Coupled with a page explaining how this works (Oh! Look! There's
already one at
https://community.apache.org/contributors/mailing-lists.html ) this
would be a great service to our communities.