Hi Rich,

I strongly agree with your proposal for forming working groups. As a
newcomer to the Apache Community without the technical background, I have
always hoped to have more opportunities to contribute to the ASF beyond
participating in the community building of my own project, but often didn't
know where to start. I believe the formation of working groups can provide
a clear path for more people (like me) wanting to contribute to the ASF
level to engage in some specific tasks, thereby making our community more
vibrant.

And I think the Working Group Working Group (WG WG) is very essential. Much
of its work involves how to build the community (as each WG is acting as a
mini-community in itself). Moreover, I believe the WG WG wouldn't be
short-lived. Initially, it would focus on defining WGs, but later on, it
could dedicate itself to helping various WGs operate more effectively.

I would love to join the WG WG, please count me in. BTW, I've also just
come back from the FOSDEM. That was very inspiring, and I hope to
contribute more to our community.

Regards,
Nadia

--