On 3/10/24 21:02, Dan Liebner wrote:
This file `/dev/shm/ShM.c5fa4b64H8dd08c52` seems to be created by apache2
according to my audit log. It goes away when apache2 is stopped. It
originally showed up in a rkhunter scan. I can't find any information about
it online except for similar reports. Is this likely a legitimate file
created by apache or possibly malware of some kind?

Thanks,
Dan

Hi, Dan,

You should probably contact us...@httpd.apache.org if you have httpd related questions in the future. For what it's worth, SHM refers to "shared memory", and /dev/shm/ is used for storing pointers to memory that is to be shared between two applications (in this case, between the various root/worker processes in httpd)

With regards,
Daniel.