I am with Fil, I never use it, and the first thing I do is * it.

I think it also gives developers the impression that they just load
arbitrary untrusted content into their apps, and the whitelist will
protect them.

Untrusted content will always need to be sanitized, however, having
the whitelist even prevents use of the InAppBrowser ( formerly
ChildBrowser ) plugin for it's main use-case.
If I were to make a twitter client with cordova, I would have to * the
whitelist so I could load links without exiting, and I would still
have to sanitize the data ...

What use cases are we enabling by having the whitelist?

--
@purplecabbage
risingj.com