I think all the refresh stuff is super cool, I will share how I work,
so you can get another perspective.
90% of my code is written on localhost, either running directly in a
browser to work out UI stuff.
When I need access to actual device APIs, I simply put a redirect in
my index.html.
This gets me through 99% of my work, after which I can fine tune an
individual device or functional piece in XCode, Eclipse, Visual
Studio, et al

When it comes to inclusion of multiple script tags, I do not see this
as a barrier at all.  This is the way the internet has always worked,
and it ain't broke.
I like the explicit declaration of having a script tag, plus you can
have multiple pages, with different plugin requirements.  Adding an
extra build step, + reinventing the internet inside our framework is
madness in my opinion.

This of course does not preclude use of this technique, however, I
feel very strongly that we should NOT be building this into our
framework, and forcing developers to use this approach.  I think this
is definitely something that we should vote on before developing
further if the goal is inclusion in cordova.

Cheers,
  Jesse

--
@purplecabbage