I just read the issue and Fil is rightfully worried about Windows and other
OSes. There is a small workaround for that. Run a script on installation
that detects the Operating System you're running on and install the ios-sim
dependency only if it's Mac OS X.

"scripts": {
   "install": "node install_ios_sim.js"
}

inside install_ios_sim.js would be something like:

if(process.platform.match(/darwin/)
{
  // install ios-sim dependency
}