Github user TimBarham commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/pull/304#issuecomment-139157987

    It seems like an ok fix for the immediate problem, but it does raise a
concern in my mind - before the Platform API changes, we didn't call `prepare`
when adding/removing plugins. This meant we didn't call
`installPluginsFromConfigXML()` even when *adding* a plugin.

    So, I have a question: is it perhaps overkill to call `prepare()` when
adding/removing plugins? We end up doing a bunch of stuff we didn't used to do
- such as calling `installPluginsFromConfigXML()`, calling
`installPlatformsFromConfigXML()`, firing `before_prepare` and `after_prepare`
hooks. Maybe other stuff? Is this desirable, or should we only be calling a
subset of prepare() functionality when adding/removing plugins?

---
with INFRA.
---