I was writing a mail with the same subject, luckily I saw your message
before sending.

I have this PR for statusbar plugin (ios), it fixes at least 2 jira issues
related to hotspot/call status bar and maybe a lot of more webview
size/resize issues (will check once it's merged)
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-statusbar/pull/38