Github user ghenry22 commented on the pull request:

https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-media/pull/82#issuecomment-182668004

    That should fix the test for rate change as it will allow the media to
buffer before starting to count play time.

    In reality actually using the media plugin in an audioplayer app I have not
had any issues or crashes related to this ever.  I listen for mediaStatus
events from the plugin in my app and only start playing when it is ready.

---
with INFRA.
---