I’m hearing two purposes of a user list:
- Key announcements
- Self-help for users

I’m not totally convinced that slack + stack overflow are not sufficient for
finding resources & common answers for cordova issues. Creating another channel
will just fragment the community.

FWIW, our blog got about 50K pageviews for all blog entries (and blog listing)
in the last month or so. That’s very low compared to over a million hits on our
docs. I agree that we need to find better ways to reach out to users with key
announcements. Perhaps the blog needs to be improved – write more engaging
content, find opportunities for guest posts (cross posting – Raymond?), have an
option to subscribe for notifications to it. We’ve added disqus to our blogs
already – but we need to probably route the disqus comments to the “dev” list
or slack to ensure enough people get to see it and we respond to those comments.

On a related note, we might want to consider a user list for plugin developers.
In particular, we need to have conversations and discussions about breaking
changes, design discussions etc. with this highly important, smaller target
audience. There is no targeted forum for these developers currently.

-Nikhil