Github user mbektchiev commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios/pull/244

    I'm not sure if the same behavior can be reproduced with `cordova-ios`. But
since the code is exactly the same as the one in `cordova-android` I thought it
might be good idea to keep it consistent and fix it here as well.

    Basically the scenario is to install a plugin which contains a custom
Android library code with `--link`. All intermediate build files are created
inside a `build` sub-directory and they leak into the plugin's directory.

---
with INFRA.
---