We don't update the deps every release. It is more just a reminder to check
them, make sure bundled deps match wanted. If releaser is feeling
ambitious, they can update the deps. Might require more in depth testing.
We have run into issues updating deps before (like shelljs). Something like
greenkeeper would lead to faster dep updates.

P. S. Usually we do the discussion in the discuss thread and leave the vote
threads just for voting.