Github user jcesarmobile commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-media/pull/128

    "iOS doesn't allow background audio unless you enable it in the info.plist
file" can be rephrased to something like "To allow playback with the screen
locked or background audio you have to add audio to UIBackgroundModes in the
info.plist file"
    And maybe adding a link to Apple doc about background modes might help.
(https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/iPhone/Conceptual/iPhoneOSProgrammingGuide/BackgroundExecution/BackgroundExecution.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40007072-CH4-SW23)

    No need to link a 3rd party plugin as there are a few and we shouldn't
"promote" one above the others, is up to the user how to write in the
info.plist (manually or with a plugin), and hopefully we will be able to do it
soon from the config.xml without the need of a 3rd party plugin.

---
with INFRA.
---