Ohhh. I think I get it now. My understanding is that the directory structure expected by Android Studio changes regularly and Cordova has no choice but to change along with it. However, Visual Studio expects Android debug APKs to be specifically named and located in order to start Android debug sessions. This is convenient if you're developing for Windows and Android because a single IDE can be used for both platforms and the Cordova project source files are directly accessible in the IDE.

The after-build script I posted in issue CB-13932 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-13932) resolves the Android debug APK naming/location problem in Visual Studio but I'm wondering if there are any other tools with similar build artifact name/location expectations. If so, Cordova could potentially insulate those tools from breakages by incorporating something as simple as the above after-build script into the build processes.

-Terence