I was thinking that the feature flag is just a convenience feature for
setting/removing (depends on if the flag is set/omitted):
<preference name="CordovaWebViewEngine" value="CDVWKWebViewEngine" /> in
config.xml

So something like this:
`cordova platform add ios --wkwebview` or something to that effect.

My thinking is -- this would make manual testing easier, and remove
friction for testers in the interim, not to mention automated CI setups. If
it's easier to test, perhaps more people would test it, at least that's
what I hope...

Yeah the custom scheme thing, since it's iOS 11, we might have to tackle
that once we drop iOS 10 support I suppose.