Realistically doing it one by one will take a very long time, nor is
it necessary -- as a volunteer or if you were paid by your employer.
Some of these issues might be not relevant anymore. If it was
relevant, they can re-file in GH. I really don't want this to drag out
for another year.

In my proposal - nothing will be moved, everything will be closed,
with a note to re-file in GH if relevant. There will be no "dangling"
issues - it's like what you've seen in some open sourced projects,
"Closing this stale issue. Re-open if still relevant" (but we say
re-file).