A quick try of #6 worked for me, you can see the results in my
cordova-cli WIP PR at: https://github.com/apache/cordova-cli/pull/326

It is probably not the best: I simply edited npm-shrinkwrap.json by
hand, then npm install would update it further.

Resolves npm audit issues, runs on Node.js 4, does not need possibly
breaking change from insight@0.10.x.

I will try to do a better job next week, at least we know #6 is possible.