I like the "we officially support SDK 22, SDK 21 might work", I'm +1 on SDK
22 then

But for ES6, I think that's a bigger problem.
Android 5+ is supposed to have the updatable webview, but that's not always
true, some vendors didn't implement it for some reason.
Also, even if implemented, users might not have the webview up to date.
And devs testing if their apps work on Android 5-6 will probably test on
emulators, which don't support ES6 and their webview can't be updated.

And worst of all, there are no stats about that, so we can't know for sure
how many users will be affected by this.