On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Paul Davis
<paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This email is to request that the CouchDB developer community provide
> comments on moving forward with the 1.0.2 release. I am instructed to
> specifically ask that developers check the NEWS and CHANGES files in
> the 1.0.x branch to ensure that they list all of the applicable
> information.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul Davis

This is *NOT* a vote on releasing 1.0.2.

I've gone through the directions for preparing a release and I'd like
to get some feedback on the artefacts themselves. This means things
like verifying the tarball signature, the sha1 and md5 checksums and
whether the tarball is missing anything.

To check the signatures, you can use the directions at [1]. The
artefacts themselves are located at [2].

To check what's in the tarball vs what's not you can do this:

$ mkdir tmp && cd tmp
$ svn export http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/tags/1.0.2
$ wget http://people.apache.org/~davisp/dist/1.0.2/apache-couchdb-1.0.2.tar.gz
$ tar -xvzf apache-couchdb-1.0.2.tar.gz
$ diff -r apache-couchdb-1.0.2 1.0.2

I repeat, this is *NOT* a vote on the release. We're merely working on
improving our bus factor.

Thanks,
Paul Davis

[1] http://people.apache.org/~davisp/dist/