Hey everybody,

I've an app where an own db gets created for each user which gets
replicated continuously to a big central db.
This works great, it gives me fantastic possibilities that wouldn't be
possible with other databases, I love it.

My problem is though, that at some point I run into the all_dbs_active
error. Once I got there, everything freezes. I have to restart couchDB,
that's really bad. From what I can tell, continuous replications to count
against this limit, is that correct? Does that mean, that every continuous
replication keeps the db file open, even if there is no change for a longer
time?

My big question is: is there anything I can do about it? I mean to make
this setup scale better? I know I can increase the limit in configuration,
but that would just give me some more time, not solve my problem.

I'm really concerned ... and I asked around everywhere, but nobody could
give me an answer yet. Please help, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

× Gregor