On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 11:55 PM, Filipe David Manana
<fdman...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 11:35 PM, Filipe David Manana
>> <fdman...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> While the use case for the system databases is clear, I wonder what
>>> are the possible motivations to do it for regular databases.
>>>
>>> Does anyone has real world scenarios/examples where this level of
>>> customization is useful and can't be done with the existing
>>> infrastructure?
>>>

>> Yes, read my example.
>
> Ok, I see.
>
> I wonder if adding on_changes and on_all_docs isn't a bit too much
> complicated from a user's point of view.

This si the only way imo to make sure that the final user, for
example, can't see all docs or changes. We already use such trick for
_replicator and _users dbs. The complication can be removed anyway if
we make all these functions optional and provide sane defaults.

> Following that reasoning, there should be a "on_view_with_include_docs_true".

I don't think there is a need for that. In fact a a design document is
a document like the others. Since it's always opened by `_design`
functions, views and others are already handled in
before_update/after_read.

> The after_read_doc callback should work for these 3 cases when
> ?include_docs=true is specified.

Sure, but include_docs is a special case.

- benoƮt