opinion D:  we can use full v8 for views because to be honnest we don't
really need  node just for views. And for other cases like couch apps but
also couch scripts we can improve the protocol so we can handle it
asynchronously in the language you want. Which may be imply to ship node.

In this case we can ship couchdb with a tagged version of v8 directly
(which wasn't possible with spidermonkey due to license problem).

Another reason to use v8 is that v8 separate processes from each others, a
vm doesn't know anything about IO which also solves a lot of headaches when
we come on the security territories (ie sandboxing). Where in node we will
have to add another layer to have the same separation.

For those who want to play with v8 and erlang you can do try it with erlv8
[1] , not the best implementation (even according its author) but it should
be possible to create a view server based on that.

- benoit