Just to be part of the fun and really add to the mess of options there is
this:

https://github.com/ariya/phantomjs

I think it's somewhere above v8 and below node. Maybe it would be easier to
contain then the node beast for sandboxing and provide developers with some
fun new toys.

Either way we go, imagine running pouchdb inside of couchdb? mind blown.