+1 for all the reasons stated. I think we need this sooner (i.e, immediately)
to proceed with the 1843 bigcouch merge work, no?

The 1-to-1 parity will be particularly useful at helping pull in upstream
changes (for mochi/ibrowse) while a) preserving local changes (like our SOCKS5
work) and b) avoiding dependencies on third party git hosts.

B.