On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 6:46 PM, Ilya Khlopotov <iil...@ca.ibm.com> wrote:

> > - If you rebase/update any of your subcomponent PRs you must update
> commit hash on apache/couchdb one;
>
> Above is an error prune step which actually makes the following false
> > - No new new steps/files/work introduced, so there is no need to care
> about learning curve;
>
> > Sounds simpler and better for me, how it does for you?
> Simpler - maybe. Better not so much.

Yes, I also found a case, when you have at least twice trigger CI
build: once for initial PR, and second after all related PRs get
merged, because merge operation produces merge commit which you should
write into rebar.config instead.

I think this could be automated as well (wonder if repo tool can be
extended for that kind of task), but there is still need to think
about and do some research.

> We can store deps in proposed format and make rebar understand json (rebar3
> understands json BTW) but I am sure this approach would be at least frowned
> upon if not rejected.

If rebar3 already supports proposed by you format, then good. More
points to upgrade that tortoise. But agree on with your latter part.

> Also I would really love to merge in my local deps I use in development. But
> this is a different topic probably.

Good point about deps overlaying. It's nice feature to have.

P.S. Seems like the most simple way is to fold all the repos back to
one, but I won't think about the hell someone have to pass though to
set commit history in the right order without breaking anything...

--