I would recommend that you try and reproduce the scenario you're
running into with a Linux-based cluster, and if you find it there
as well, file a bug with us so we can try and work your problem out.

If the problem goes away, then yes, I recommend for now you consider a
Linux cluster. ;)

I also recommend you use a minimum of 3 nodes for a cluster of q=8 (the
default).