Heya, nice effort here :)

CouchDB 2.0 doesn’t use autotools. It mimics them minimally, but only
insofar as it is useful for CouchDB and not for tools that expect
autotools-like behaviour.

Over time, we want to make it so that the CouchDB install procedure
fits right into normal tooling, but we are not there yet.

Especially, `make install` is not available in 2.0. Instead, we
have `make release` which produces a location independent directory
`./rel/couchdb` that you can move into your system where you need it.

There is no way to externalise log files or so from a setup perspective
(although it can be configured in local.ini).

HTH

Best
Jan