We cannot do simple thing if we want to support sharing of JSON terms. I think
if we want the simplest path we should move sharing out of the scope. The
problem with sharing is we need to know the location of shared terms when we do
write. This means that we have to read full document on every write. There
might be tricks to replace full document read with some sort of hierarchical
signature or sketch of a document. However these tricks do not fall into
simplest solution category. We need to choose the design goals:
- simple
- performance
- reduced storage overhead

best regards,