+1

The only thought that comes to mind is that it might be useful to
differ in some of our error messages between versions. AFAIK, there's
nothing from 19.x that currently would prevent someone from using it.
We just don't have the resources to cover all of the tests and
packaging for it. Which is different than some than the black-listed
20.x versions which have known bugs that break things.

So, basically having something like Allow/Warn/Block classifications
rather than an opaque "This version is not supported" error message?