On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 4:51 AM Ilya Khlopotov <iil...@apache.org> wrote:

> Sounds harder than I hoped. :-(

I was a bit out of it yesterday so dunno if my email went through
properly. Though I was trying to say the crazy docker bits should not
be an issue. dev/run and eunit already have the smarts to start fdb if
the fdbserver binary is available. We should be able to just add
multi-stage docker builds that create the fdbserver binary and copy
into our existing builds without much change to the existing stuff.

foundationdb does take a while to build though, so finding binaries
might short circuit everything to be even a single apt-get line or
w/e.

Though that papers over CentOS support and the like. Dunno what that
story is like.