Could we rename prototype/fdb-layer to main and it will be the base of
4.x? There might be a few things we could bring in from master into
main like elixir test improvements, tooling, but it would be a smaller
diff than bringing everything from prototype/fdb-layer into master.

Then master can be renamed to old-master or something like that and
we'd see if there are any commits that were intended to go into 3.x
but never made it. Once those are moved over, we can delete it too or
leave it around for a few years, with a note saying "use main or 3.x"
branches.

Nick