Hi there,

I'd like to clean up our branches in git on the main couchdb repo. This would involve deleting some of our obsolete branches, after tagging the final revision on each branch. This way, we retain the history but the branch no longer appears in the dropdown on GitHub, or in git branch listings at the cli.

Example process:

git tag archive/1.3.x 1.3.x
git branch -d 1.3.x
git push origin :1.3.x
git push --tags

If we ever needed the branch back, we just:

git checkout -b 1.3.x archive/1.3.x

I would propose to do this for all branches except:

main
master (for now)
2.3.x
3.x
prototype/fdb-layer

...plus any branches that have been touched in the past 90 days, that still have open PRs, or that someone specifically asks me to retain in this thread.

I'd also like to do this on couchdb-documentation and couchdb-fauxton.

I would propose to do this about 1 week from now, let's say on October 15th.

Thoughts?

-Joan "fall cleaning" Touzet