Luciano

Thanks for reviewing.

I fixed all the license issues and added rat to the pom file so that you can run:
mvn apache-rat:check
to verify the build. I excluded all md files. I looked around other Apache project and I couldn't find any which put a license header in the md files. I also fixed the LICENSE file which I believe was copied from Spark and had lots of unnecessary licenses in them. All these fixes are currently in this pull request: https://github.com/apache/incubator-crail/pull/20
We will merge this soon.

Regarding the tests: most of the unit tests cannot be run without a Crail config resp. a running Crail namenode/datanode. I propose to disable these tests by default and make a build flag to enable them.
This way people don't have to use skipTests when building Crail.
What do you guys think?

I'm not sure about the md5 files. I see many Apache and other open source projects including them. If you feel strongly about this I will not provide them with the next rc.

Thanks,
Jonas

 On Thu, 12 Apr 2018 08:54:05 -0700