Go through the error that you got, and look for a message like:

Failed to initilize.  Invalid UMLS License

and

Error: Invalid UMLS License.  A UMLS License is required to use the UMLS
dictionary lookup.
Error: You may request one at: https://uts.nlm.nih.gov/license.html
Please verify your UMLS license settings in the
DictionaryLookupAnnotatorUMLS.xml configuration.

If you see that message, you see a possible solution.  If you have a umls
username and password, make sure that they are set correctly for the cTakes run.

If you don't see that message, check
resources/org/apache/ctakes/dictionary/lookup/umls2011ab/umls and see if it
contains a rather large .data file.  If not, then go through the process
detailed at http://ctakes.apache.org/downloads.cgi in the section entitled
"Resources".

If you have the .data file, then let us know and we'll try to push forward.

Sean