Hi Christopher,
The PAD Term Spotter hasn't been supported for over a year now [1].  It was
mostly written with specialized rules and no one had been maintaining it.
I am not sure if there are any generic diseases annotators; if you would be
willing to contribute the changes, we can incorporate it.

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ctakes-user/201402.mbox/%3C6e55ab$8ci...@ironport10.mayo.edu%3E