Chandra,
How are you wiring up the DrugMentionAnnotator?
The default AggregatePlaintextFastUMLSProcessor.xml should already
have the Drug NER included.
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/trunk/ctakes-clinical-pipeline/desc/analysis_engine/AggregatePlaintextFastUMLSProcessor.xml

In general, you'll most likely need to something like the below if you
have a custom/modified pipeline:

<typeSystemDescription>
       <imports>
         <import name="org.apache.ctakes.drugner.types.TypeSystem"/>
       </imports>
</typeSystemDescription>

Related Thread:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ctakes-user/201403.mbox/%3CCAPqz87oUZ=hpzc_fo_zlaef3pvqcm9xsyums15iymgapsxx...@mail.gmail.com%3E

If you're using uimaFIT to wire your pipeline together, I would highly
recommend using the Automatic Type System Discovery.

Hope that helps.