Hi - a while back I asked about dosage not being picked up in a phrase like
"Lamotrigine 200mg in the morning, 250mg nocte" where the "250mg nocte does not
get picked up at part of the medication annotations due the not being
associated with the drug. James explained that presence of a drug is essential
and this does make sense.

I am seeing a lot of isolated dosage mentions like this where the drug is
referred to in quite a convoluted way, often many tokens apart (" patient is
taking Epilim as normal but we discussed taking an extra dose of 200mg in the
evening"). Instead of potentially adding uncertainty to the existing drug
annotator, would it be possible to allow a separate annotator to pick up
dosages that wouldn't be picked up normally due to non-proximity of a drug
name?  Users could then add some custom  post-processing to make the
association themselves.

I work in Epilepsy and the drug regimes can get rather complicated, and just
being able to pick up as much dosage information as possible would be very
helpful.

All the best,

Arron

Sent from Nine<http://www.9folders.com/>