Hi Gandhi, Thank you for your help. It's working now. In the
customDictionary.xml, I changed
org.apache.ctakes.dictionary.lookup2.dictionary.JdbcRareWordDictionary to
org.apache.ctakes.dictionary.lookup2.dictionary.UmlsJdbcRareWordDictionary
and org.apache.ctakes.dictionary.lookup2.concept.JdbcConceptFactory to
org.apache.ctakes.dictionary.lookup2.concept.UmlsJdbcConceptFactory. For
single word term, this worked without any change, but for a multi-word
term, this was returning empty results. When I debugged, I found that the
issue was coming at code below in DefaultJCasTermAnnotator class line 103-
if ( hitTokens[ hit ].equals(allTokens.get( i ).getText() ) || hitTokens[
hit ].equals( allTokens.get( i ).getVariant() ) ); This was happening due
to the difference in string case. The input string is converted to
lowercase, but the string from MySQL database is not converted. Right now I
have to put all terms in my database in lower case to make it work. Do you
know any configuration so that I don't have to deal with the case issue
without changing DefaultJCasTermAnnotator file? When using BSV file, I am
getting lower case sting for both input and term.

Regards
Chahal Arora
Software Engineer
Raxa