If you are using the Fast dictionary lookup component {1], and using the
database that is available to download from sourceforge, then the TUI and
CUI codes are coming from that database, which was created from the UMLS
Metathesaurus.

The flow of most components can be seen in the Component Use diagram [2].

If you are using Piper files or xml Analysis Engine descriptors, to see
which components you are using, look at the contents of the Piper files or
look at the <fixedFlow> sections of the xml descriptor.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/cTAKES+4.0+-+Fast+Dictionary+Lookup
[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/cTAKES+4.0+Component+Use+Guide#cTAKES4.0ComponentUseGuide-ComponentDependencies