As the title states, I am having trouble understanding where to place the
/resources (and /desc ?) folders in an intellij IDEA project that is trying
to use ctakes (don't work with java often).

*TLDR: In intellij, how do I use the resources/ and des/ folders that come
in ctakes binary distributions? What is going on under the surface that
lets these things be recognized and used (even when outside of intellij)?*

Currently I have added the jars by copying them to some folder and pointing
intellij to that folder as a library in the File --> Project Structure. The
way I am using the resources/ folder right now is by having it in the same
folder as a src folder in the intellij project ("marked as" as "source"
folder) and using the context menu on this resources/ copy to "mark as" a
"resource root".

Testing with a simple variation of the HelloWorldAggregatePipeline.java
that can be found in the ctakes trunk/ctakes-examples/..., the code seems
to run, but I see errors like:

** Configuration Error:
> file:$PROJECT_HOME/project/out/production/project/org/apache/ctakes/lvg/data/config/lvg.properties
> (No such file or directory)
> ** Error: problem of opening/reading config file:
> 'file:$PROJECT_HOME/project/out/production/project/org/apache/ctakes/lvg/data/config/lvg.properties'.
> Use -x option to specify the config file path.
> ** Configuration Error:
> file:$PROJECT_HOME/project/out/production/project/org/apache/ctakes/lvg/data/config/lvg.properties
> (No such file or directory)
> ** Error: problem of opening/reading config file:
> 'file:$PROJECT_HOME/project/out/production/project/org/apache/ctakes/lvg/data/config/lvg.properties'.
> Use -x option to specify the config file path.

even though, checking in that location of the project, properties is
clearly there and I can open it and see its contents.

This makes me suspect that I have not added them to the project correctly,
so what should be done? Thanks for advice.