From: Miller, Timothy <timothy.mil...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 1:54 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: ctakes-web-rest changes

Hello all,
I've been trying out the ctakes-web-rest module for a project that uses python
where I wanted an easy way to send a sentence and get back some CUI
annotations. There was an issue where the returned json map was keyed by the
string of the concept, so it would only return one discovered concept if more
than one had the same string. In the course of fixing that I noticed the code
was writing the CAS to xmi, then manually parsing that file, rather than just
interrogating the JCas object, so I rewrote that as well to use uimafit.
Finally, I commented out the "full" pipeline -- it is just too resource heavy
to try to run 2 independent pipelines in parallel on the same machine. I think
the state of the module right now is suitable for people who want to try and
would make their own changes if they want different pipelines (i.e., it's not
yet shrink-wrapped) so I would prefer it in a state with a simple pipeline that
runs well.

Please take a look at the following issue with the attached patch and let me
know if there are any obvious problems.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-529

Overall, it's in nice shape and I'm excited to get it into a usable shape, I
think this is a use case that would satisfy a lot of users.

Tim

you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy
this e-mail. Please notify the sender or system manager by email immediately if
you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your
system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing,
copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited and against the law.