From: ouyeyu panyu
<ouy...@gmail.com<mailto:ouyeyu%20panyu%20%3couy...@gmail.com%3e>>
To: u...@ctakes.apache.org<mailto:u...@ctakes.apache.org>,
dev@ctakes.apache.org<mailto:dev@ctakes.apache.org>
Subject: Question about negation [EXTERNAL]
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 07:51:20 -0800

Hi ctakes dev team,

I have one question, hope someone can help me with it.
For negation, "Denies hepatitis” returns polarity=-1, but "Deny hepatitis”
returns polarity=1.
It is said CTAKES uses ClearTK’s PolarityCleartkAnalysisEngine for negation,
which is machine learning based.
It seems this issue is caused by the training data. Is this true? And what is
the training data and what machine learning algorithm is used? LogisticRegress,
SVM, RandomForest or something else?
Thanks.