Hi Everyone,

I am using Ctakes for Structuring some clinical Text. In my clinical text,
there are single characters word like *P 90 (Pulse 90) *etc. I want Ctakes
to detect those. Since the default minimum span detected by Ctakes is 3.
I was not able to detect these concepts. Therefore I have changed the Value
of the _minimumLookupSpan to 1. Now I am able to detect the one character
word using Ctakes after adding them to my Custom Dictionary.

My Problem is that after changing the value of _minimumLookupSpan, ctakes
has become slow.
I am using Ctakes-web-Rest (Rest Service using Ctakes). For lookup span
value of 3 (default), rest call was taking less than 2s for text like (
Systolic blood pressure 180 ) is now taking around 5s.

How can I make Ctakes faster?. Any configuration which helps to improve the
performance without losing the current detection rate.

Here is the content of my current Piper file.

load DefaultFastPipeline
add
org.apache.ctakes.raxactakes.dictionary.lookup2.ae.RaxaDefaultJCasTermAnnotator
LookupXml=org/apache/ctakes/dictionary/lookup/fast/tinyDictSpec.xml
add LabValueFinder
add
org.apache.ctakes.raxactakes.dictionary.lookup2.ae.RaxaJCasTermAnnotator
LookupXml=org/apache/ctakes/dictionary/lookup/fast/drugConcept.xml
add org.apache.ctakes.drugner.ae.DrugMentionAnnotator
STATUS_BOUNDARY_ANN_TYPE="org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.textsem.MedicationMention"
add
org.apache.ctakes.raxactakes.dictionary.lookup2.ae.RaxaJCasTermAnnotator
LookupXml=org/apache/ctakes/dictionary/lookup/fast/personName.xml
add org.apache.ctakes.raxactakes.core.ae.PersonNameFinder

addDescription EventAnnotator
addLogged BackwardsTimeAnnotator
classifierJarPath=/org/apache/ctakes/temporal/ae/timeannotator/model.jar
addLogged DocTimeRelAnnotator
classifierJarPath=/org/apache/ctakes/temporal/ae/doctimerel/model.jar
addLogged EventTimeRelationAnnotator
classifierJarPath=/org/apache/ctakes/temporal/ae/eventtime/model.jar
addLogged EventEventRelationAnnotator
classifierJarPath=/org/apache/ctakes/temporal/ae/eventevent/model.jar
addLogged ContextualModalityAnnotator
classifierJarPath=/org/apache/ctakes/temporal/ae/contextualmodality/model.jar
addLogged EventAnnotator
classifierJarPath=/org/apache/ctakes/temporal/ae/eventannotator/model.jar

--
Regards
Zakir Saifi