Peter says:

the LabValueFinder.  It has settings that allow it to clone procedures into
> lab values or vice versa (I can't remember).

The former... at least, when I contributed it.  For potential lab values,
it filters by TUIs: some procedures, others medications.

Sean says:

The only immediate solution that I can offer is to look for a nearby lab
> value - by number or by unit.  If a value exists then you could assume that
> it is a lab result.

Yes, that's what the LabValueFinder does...

In short, I think that you may be stuck.

...and that's why it does it; I couldn't come up with a better solution at
scale.

Eugenia asks:

So is it fair to say that cTakes is not fully aligned with SNOMED?  Is
> there a rule on how such concepts may be merged under the same CUI?

Fair to say that cTAKES uses UMLS, and UMLS isn't an ontology -- nor does
it claim to be! The UMLS Metathesaurus is a loose affiliation of
ontologies, which aren't always individually coherent and consistent.
Mapping between them is catch-as-catch-can.

Hard wall to hit.  Good luck with it!