Thanks - yeah what I’m really after is pull requests. It’s so much better than patches. Jira can stay put really. It’s fine. I was just wondering why Spark is using an external system.
-JZ From: Enis Söztutar Enis Söztutar Reply: [email protected] [email protected] Date: March 1, 2014 at 8:03:13 AM To: [email protected] [email protected] Subject: Re: Hosting/Github Yes you can create an INFRA issue for this mirroring. The canonical git repo will be the apache one. github will be read only mirror. There is also new github-pull request integration as well. When a pull request is created there is a two-way integration between pull-request and mailing list. https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/improved_integration_between_apache_andcontains some details. I am not sure about Atlassian hosted jira though. They should have moved AFAIK, unless that changed recently. By @general, you mean incubator general? Curator is no longer incubating, the PMC / committers can decide on their own ( of course still bound by the apache policy). Enis On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 8:49 AM, Luciano Resende <[email protected]>wrote: > AFAIK, the projects that use git natively or via git-svn all have a github > mirror as well at > > https://github.com/apache > > Looks like curator is not listed there, maybe you could ask infra. > > Note that, your official source is still the Apache repository. > > > > On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 3:36 AM, Jordan Zimmerman < > [email protected]> wrote: > > > I see that Spark is hosting their source at github and using Atlassian > for > > it’s issue tracking. I didn’t realize that that’s an option. Does anyone > > here know the procedures for this? Could we just do it? How does INFRA > feel > > about this? > > > > BTW - I’m bringing this up here and not on @general to avoid spamming > > them. But, I’ll bring it up there if needed. > > > > -JZ > > > > > > > > > -- > Luciano Resende > http://people.apache.org/~lresende > http://twitter.com/lresende1975 > http://lresende.blogspot.com/ >
