[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-264?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14904199#comment-14904199
 ] 

Ole Hjalmar Herje edited comment on CURATOR-264 at 9/23/15 8:58 AM:
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tested with the new version and I can confirm that it was an issue with 
the namespace.
Curator 2.8.0 tries to get children for path:
#Thread#Thread[Curator-LeaderSelector-0,5,main]this:org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetChildrenBuilderImpl@1f41e94forPath
 path/skatteinfo/iris/skatteinfo/iris/test/leader
and this results in NoNode:
#Thread#Thread[main-EventThread,5,main]this:org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CreateBuilderImpl$FindProtectedNodeCB@43f79b54processResult
 resultcode-101
Branch CURATOR-264:
#Thread#Thread[Curator-LeaderSelector-1,5,main]this:org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetChildrenBuilderImpl@6899dc91forPath
 path/skatteinfo/iris/test/leader
#Thread#Thread[main-EventThread,5,main]this:org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CreateBuilderImpl$FindProtectedNodeCB@6d76a000processResult
 resultcode0
#Thread#Thread[main-EventThread,5,main]this:org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CreateBuilderImpl$FindProtectedNodeCB@6d76a000processResult
 node/test/leader/_c_8f45af77-f782-4c13-a669-6e9a0e011db4-lock-0000000864
#Thread#Thread[main-EventThread,5,main]this:org.apache.curator.framework.imps.DeleteBuilderImpl@9bc3e3cDeleteBuilderImpl
 
forPath/skatteinfo/iris/test/leader/_c_8f45af77-f782-4c13-a669-6e9a0e011db4-lock-0000000864

and everything seems to be OK. 




was (Author: ollis):
I have tested with the new version and I can confirm that it was a issue with 
the namespace.
Curator 2.8.0 tries to get children for path:
#Thread#Thread[Curator-LeaderSelector-0,5,main]this:org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetChildrenBuilderImpl@1f41e94forPath
 path/skatteinfo/iris/skatteinfo/iris/test/leader
and this results in NoNode:
#Thread#Thread[main-EventThread,5,main]this:org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CreateBuilderImpl$FindProtectedNodeCB@43f79b54processResult
 resultcode-101
Branch CURATOR-264:
#Thread#Thread[Curator-LeaderSelector-1,5,main]this:org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetChildrenBuilderImpl@6899dc91forPath
 path/skatteinfo/iris/test/leader
#Thread#Thread[main-EventThread,5,main]this:org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CreateBuilderImpl$FindProtectedNodeCB@6d76a000processResult
 resultcode0
#Thread#Thread[main-EventThread,5,main]this:org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CreateBuilderImpl$FindProtectedNodeCB@6d76a000processResult
 node/test/leader/_c_8f45af77-f782-4c13-a669-6e9a0e011db4-lock-0000000864
#Thread#Thread[main-EventThread,5,main]this:org.apache.curator.framework.imps.DeleteBuilderImpl@9bc3e3cDeleteBuilderImpl
 
forPath/skatteinfo/iris/test/leader/_c_8f45af77-f782-4c13-a669-6e9a0e011db4-lock-0000000864

and everything seems to be OK. 



> Leader election: Duplicate ephemeral nodes with same owner id
> -------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CURATOR-264
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-264
>             Project: Apache Curator
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Framework, Recipes
>    Affects Versions: 2.8.0
>            Reporter: Ole Hjalmar Herje
>            Assignee: Jordan Zimmerman
>            Priority: Blocker
>             Fix For: 2.9.1
>
>         Attachments: testLog.txt, zkNodes.txt, zkTransactionLog.txt
>
>
> We sometimes experience failure in our leader-election functionality when we 
> have network issues. When this situation occurs we see that there are two 
> ephemeral nodes in the zookeeper cluster for the same session but there is no 
> active leader. 
> I have managed to recreate the same scenario by running a test locally and 
> use iptables to simulate network issues. The debug log (see attachment) shows 
> that findAndDeleteProtectedNodeInBackground does not delete the node because 
> processResult in FindProtectedNodeCB receives a -101 (NoNode) resultcode. I 
> suspect this can happen if the read is not synched? 
> (http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperProgrammers.html#ch_zkGuarantees)
> This also seems to be related to: 
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-45 and
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-79 



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Reply via email to