Hi

If I'm reading the JAX-RS code correctly, which I'm probably not, it doesn't
use the JAXB DataBinding object. It interacts class-by-class with JAXB.

At the moment yes, and this is a reson I excluded a jaxb-databinding module, just to minimize the size of the cxf-jaxrs bundle. I think jaxb api is picked up recursively from some other module, I actually didn't check from which one.

I think I can do likewise for Aegis, sort of, but it could get ugly.

If you'd like to do an Aegis Provider and a jaxb binding module would help you
then please do include it in the pom again.

Does
JAX-RS give us no ability to configure a data binding at the level of the
entire service?

In JAX-RS, it's individual MessageBodyProviders which are responsible for
(un)marshalling. So probably, not...
Perhaps the default JAXBProvider can be updated to reuse some of the code from
a jaxb binding, not sure

Cheers, Sergey

Registered Number: 171387