JAXRS runtime will be updated independently.

on 2.2-SNAPSHOT, 2.1.x - the documentation to be updated shorlty. In short, if you're on Jetty and do JAXRS you can rely on CXF Continuations API, with/without JAXWS involed at the same time.

Apart from doing few usual typos :-), I've also forgotten to note that CXF Continuations API most likely won't change after Servlet 3 spec is supported by Tomcat or jetty 7 (I presume jetty6 did Continuation interface such that it could be aligned well with the upcoming support for suspended invocations in Servlet3)

Cheers, Sergey