Hi Andy

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...It all looks perfectly correct to me.

You might also want to consider sending queries like this one to us...@jsr311.dev.java.net for some additional feedback/clarifications...

Cheers, Sergey

Hi,
JAX-RS specification 1.0 for "UriBuilder.build(Object... values)" says that
"All '%' characters in the stringified values will be encoded." This note
matches behavior or URLEncoder, since % must be encoded anyway.
My problem is that for "UriBuilder.buildFromEncoded(Object... values)" spec
says "All % characters in the stringified values that are not followed by
two hexadecimal numbers will be encoded".

My interpretation of spec authors' intention is that: passed values are
already encoded e.g. non-encoded value "foo%bar" must be encoded to
"foo%25bar" and passed here. However if there are any % not matching
percent-with-two-hexes like second % in "foo%25bar%baz". Their encoding
should be forced.

I thing then "foo%25bar%baz" should become "foo%25bar%25baz". If URLEncoder
would be applied once more result would be different, both percent chars
would be affected leading to "foo%2525bar%25baz".

For expected behavior of "buildFromEncoded" is not aligned with URLEncode
behavior. This "extra" safety rule is not necessary for me... but anyway, I
believe implementation should follow spec :)

cheers,
andy.